Friday, January 4, 2013

What's the Car Seat Poncho's temperature rating?


Facebook Friends:  Pitch in your real-life temperature rating for the Car Seat Poncho!
From: S
Sent: Friday, January 4, 2013 9:11 AM

Hi there,

I'm just wondering what the temperature ratings are on the poncho. I'm aware that it says "cold temperature", but living in Chicago, we have some bitterly, cold, winter days and low wind chill temperatures. It would be helpful to have this information on the website as part of the item description.

Thanks,
S
Dear S,

In my personal experience, I have used the poncho on my son in 15 degree weather (Fahrenheit), over his regular indoor clothes and a thin fleece hoodie.  He stayed toasty warm throughout our errands and ins/outs of the car. I have also used a thin windbreaker (no lining, just the windproof shell) with the poncho in colder weather (it rarely goes below 0 here in NJ) and he stayed toasty then, too.

And while I don't have scientific insulation or heat retention studies, I know that Car Seat Ponchos are being used by many satisfied customers in the coldest parts of the US and in Canada.

I will post this on my blog (and Facebook) and see what other moms post. Friend “Car Seat Poncho” today or tomorrow and there should be some responses to read.

Thanks again for writing and thank you for considering the Car Seat Poncho!
Regards,
Donna Eng

 

No comments:

Post a Comment